Vixy YouTube Downloader \ Converter (www.vixy.net)
Vixy YouTube Downloader is a popular YouTube downloader, because it is free and does not require installation on local PC. On the other hand, Vixy.net is always very slow when a lot of people are trying to use it, because it is server based application. It does only support downloading from YouTube and direct link to the FLV file; you can only choose from a very few video formats, and there are no converting options such as video frame size, bitrate, frame rate, etc.
Best Vixy Alternative
Try VideoGet as Vixy alternative.
With VideoGet you can easily download both YouTube videos and videos from more than 750+ other video websites.
With this video downloader you can
download YouTube videos,
or any video from such popular video sharing services as MySpace, Google Video, Yahoo Video, MetaCafe and a lot more.
Most of these video websites store video in FLV format. VideoGet provides the possibility to convert each video into the most popular formats for more comfortable video playback. VideoGet supports video download to 3GP, AVI, MPEG1, MPEG2, WMV, FLV, MP4, MP3 and more than 20 other file formats, which lets you not only to view it, but also put it into your iPod Video, iPhone, Zune, PSP, mobile phone or any other portable device. Furthermore, you can customize video/audio quality, video frame rate, width / height and audio sampling rate.
- Downloads video from YouTube and more than 750 other video websites. Click here to see the full list of supported websites
- Converts video to a variety of video formats (*.AVI, *.MPG, *.WMV, *.FLV, *.MP4, *.3GP, *.RM, *.MOV, *.MP3, *.WAV)
- Converts video to any portable video device (iPhone, iPod Video, iPod Nano, iPod Touch, PSP, Zune, iRiver Clix, AppleTV)
- One-click-download-convert. Comes with plugins for Internet Explorer and Mozilla FireFox browser
- Script auto-updater keeps you up to date with the latest version
- Download works through WinInet API, which is used by Internet Explorer, allows easy and fast download of Flash movies
- Allows downloading in a batch mode with ability to save / load batch
- Allows to pause / resume the downloads
- Can resume broken download instead of downloading file from the beginning
- Ability to login to YouTube due to inappropriate videos for which we need to prove we are 18+ years old
- Automatically detects which online video service you are attempting to download from
- Ability to setup width / height, video / audio quality, video frame rate and audio sampling rate of encoded video
- Small and compact
- Designed with "Easy-to-Use" concept. Nice, simple interface and a solid amount of options
- Works on Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Works with all types of Internet connection
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, Turkish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Hungarian
Vixy (www.vixy.net) is down or not working
VideoGet is client-side application and it doesn't matter how many people are using VideoGet right now. Vixy is server-side and depends on outer conditions (i.e., the server lacks the processing power).
Vixy (www.vixy.net) is slow
You will never have such problem with VideoGet, it is client-side application. Instead, Vixy is server-based, and its speed is proportional to the count of people using it at the moment, that's why it is slow
Vixy No Sound
If you are having problems with playback of the downloaded video, please check this article: If you have problems with playback of the downloaded YouTube video